I am a crazy high maintenance wife in this one area (Tim would say in all area's but that's just cause he doesn't know from high maintenance girls). I love christmas lights and must have them all up and working on Thanksgiving, so they will light my house for the entire holiday season. It is a tradition that started in a very lonely time in my life. I was about 24 years old. I went to visit my brother who was living on his sail boat in the Sea of Cortez with Wendy. It was late Feb. I arrived at night in La Paz. I took a taxi to the harbor where I found a sea of sail boats anchored. But I knew exactly which boat was my brothers, because it's always christmas on the Bella. She had lights from deck to mast top. I left all my lonely in the dingy that night and haven't missed it since! So when I married Tim, we didn't discuss whether or not we would have kids, or where we would live, or anything prenuptial at all. I only requested that we have the best lights on the block for the holidays. Tim has never, ever, not once, let me down! Thank you baby, they are again perfect!
3 comments:
Thank you, dear Annie for opening the door to Christmas even wider. I wish you could drop by to see my Carmen Miranda tree and have tea, or eggnog, or - champagne! Love of this and every season to you and the Paynes.
Margaret
Margaret- I wish I could see your carmen miranda tree too! and champaign with you at your place sounds delightful! love to you too! annie
Picture perfect - I love it! Your home is beautiful! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
Post a Comment