Little Paynes





Welcome to The Little Paynes Blog

Friday, July 8, 2011

Paris

We just had one day and one night in Paris. So we spent the day in Luxembourg Gardens. We rented these little toy sail boats and sailed them around the fountain pond for hours. They were a big hit with the Little Paynes. We had perfect wind and they sailed beautifully.




So that pretty much sums it up. We attended the baby Christening in Athens and the whole Greek orthodox baby christening sort of blew my mind. I will make a separate blog post with the details. Also, two days after we left Athens, over 1 million Greeks protested and rioted in Parliament Square (where our hotel was located) over new "austerity measures" imposed on the Greeks by the EU. It was an amazing time to be in Athens. I could and maybe will write volumes later about it all. I was really hoping that the Greeks would leave the EU and stand alone, but that did not happen. What did happen, however, is I completely fell in love with Greece!
Opa!

No comments: