Little Paynes





Welcome to The Little Paynes Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

love not lost


I am a terrible blogger. So much has happened. I just don't think I can re-cap. I won't try to pick up where I left off because I can't. My world changed and better or worse for the little Paynes, their world changed too. Tim and I ran Grand Canyon last fall with our closest friends in the whole world. The trip was pure heaven. When we came home, we came back to two funerals. Two men who were frankly, just too good for this world. My best friend and now American Hero, Glen was killed in action in Libya two days into my Grand Canyon trip. And my (step) dad, Mike, died of complications to a stroke shortly after our return to civilazation. The coincidence of the place both men held in my heart is not lost on me. but I just don't think I can put into words here. Just suffice to say, that there are not two separate holes in my heart where they once filled. It's the same hole; deep, red and in the very center, where they lived.  They both called Snowbird their homes, both tore it up, both Navy, both from San Diego, both showed me unfailing respect and dependability, which I really didn't know what that was but learned from them. Twice in my life I  lost all confidence in the human race and twice was sent messengers to show me the good in humanity. And thanks to these two men, who were not necessarily lucky in it themselves, they both showed me how to love. They both showed me how to hold people and places close to my heart so that I will never be without. And I will carry them with me now and forever.

 God clearly needed hero's and gentlemen last fall in heaven cause he took the two very best.

Http://glenwasmybestfriendtoo.blogspot.com

No comments: