I am not a natural when it comes to mothering. I completely lose my head, my temper, my direction, my way, myself, daily it seems. I am always amazed that my kids do so well in spite of me! I try different types of charts and methods to keep some order in my house. I try to have jobs for my kids so they feel important and to learn responsibility. But my methods always have varying degrees of success. I try to make sure they eat right, get enough sleep and exercise. And as much as I could come up with a lengthy list of things I do wrong in parenting, I thought I would come up with the things I do right list instead. There are two things I got right. I insist that my kids play music and I read to them every night. Someday I plan to print this blog and it will act as a baby book of sorts for my kids. So I wanted to keep track of the best books we have read together. So in no order at all, here it is;
James and The Giant Peach
A Cricket In Times Square
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The Secret Garden
The Tale of Despereaux
Matilda
Danny Champion of the World
The Wizard of Oz
The Wind in the Willows
The Jungle Book
Summer of the Monkeys
Stuart Little
Charlottes Web
The Trumpet and The Swan
The Trumpet and The Swan
Shortly we will be starting The Phantom Tollbooth and then Alice in Wonderland. Also we started but did not finish The BFG on account of the giants were just too scary. I don't know who enjoys reading more; the littles or me. But I am sure that it is nearly always the best part of my day. Also I am always looking for more suggestions for good children's literature. Please let me know what I need to add to this list!
And as for music; pictures are worth a thousand words
Theo's cello recital last week. He absolutely loves his cello teacher, Meg, and his lessons are often the week's highlight for him!
Vasey's Harp Christmas Party. There were more harpists than harps so some of the little girls played tandem with the bigger girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment